Before you start any diet and exercise plan, you must first know your body type!
There are three main body types:
There are many reasons why one should know their body type. Each body type metabolizes food differently and causes the body to have different results with diet and exercise. These body types apply to men and women. Usually, we are a combination of two at different percentages. For example, one may be 30% ectomorph and 70% mesomorph. The following are the qualities of each.
- Metabolize calories very fast resulting in being really skinny and hard to gain muscle.
- Usually has to consume about 4,000-5,000 calories to gain or maintain weight.
- A faster metabolic rate is associated with faster aging.
- Best at cardiovascular endurance training.
- Metabolizes calories at an optimal rate to perform well at cardiovascular and strength training.
- Usually has to consume about 3,000-4,000 calories to gain or maintain weight.
- Has an "athletic build".
- Metabolizes calories the slowest resulting in having broader waist and shoulders.
- Usually has to consume about 2,000-3,000 calories to gain or maintain weight.
- Gains weight and muscle relatively easier.
- A slower metabolic rate is associated with a longer lifespan.
Which body types are you? You should fit under two types. Let us know in the comments!